Sunday, May 6, 2012

Big Box Bike Shopping Spree.


A very special youngster we know is celebrating a grandson birthday soon.  Pina and I said we'd spring for a rugged radio controlled toy ... Mom and Dad thought that sounded like a fine plan.

So off I pedaled to Target. I just knew I could squish the RC package into my rear rack bag. Wrong, as it turned out: didn't quite fit.

Back into the store I go, find my cashier, ask for another sack, and double up the bagging. Then I sling the package over the handle bars and, moving my feet back as far on the pedals as they'd go, I begin my ride home (about a 5-mile trip into some strong wind).

I lived to tell the tale -- and take the pic.  The Trek 720 held up fine. As did the Target plastic bags.  But Old Poppy here must have been a sight: wobbly in the head wind, awkward foot position,  my forward progress slow as molasses.

Happy Birthday, little guy.  I'll tell you the whole story soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment