Sunday, December 18, 2011

Kaiser-Frazer, 1949 - Classic, Last of a Breed.


Saw this baby in a junk yard on Hwy. 60.  I'm pretty sure it's a  Kaiser-Frazer Manhattan -- in remarkable shape considering the car is more than 60 years old!  The body shows very little rust, but the interior is a nightmare. And the paint? Pretty much rusted away.

My brother-in-law Mark G sent me a link to a Chrysler Collectors site, where the glorious history of the Kaiser-Frazer, and Henry J (as in Kaiser) was told in respectful and admiring words and photos.

Back in my youth in Chillicothe, Rick Hildebrand drove a Henry J (three on the tree, as I recall). We idolized Rick, and badly wanted a car like his when were old enough to get our licenses. Never did meet a K-F Manhattan owner, however.

Thanks to my Sis Crary and her Buckeye BFF Peggy Bonner for auto details from so long ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment