Monday, July 23, 2012

Crystal Bay P.O. Branch to Close?


Don't want to be the starter of rumors around here regarding plans to close U.S. Postal Service neighborhood branches, but ....

Check out the size of this adorable little P.O. branch serving Crystal Bay, MN. 


You can imagine how few rental boxes line the walls, how little daily dollar volume is done in stamps, money orders, and Express Mail services.

My retail P.O. branch in Long Lake is easily 5 times the size of this cutie. So it makes me wonder -- plus, worry about the quality of future service my neighbors in Crystal Bay will be getting.

By the way, I rode my bike along the Dakota Regional Trail from Wayzata to Crystal Bay, then headed north on Willow Drive and eventually back east along Hwy 6 to Tamarack.

It was in the mid-90's this afternoon, but what a helluva day for a ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment