Saturday, December 15, 2012

Grandparents: Move to Control Guns Now.


I'm even more heartbroken than I was yesterday over the CT school massacre. It's cold blooded murder, domestic terrorism, even civil war. Yes, this is a time for national mourning, flying flags at half-staff, and political proclamations. But what about GUN CONTROL and STOPPING GUN VIOLENCE? Talk about violation of civil rights!! 

Who's going to take the lead at the state and national level? I've just written MN Governor Dayton : be the guy to do it, I implore him. Man Up, Mark! I wrote Sen. Al Franken yesterday. We're talking, citizen to citizen, in our little town about what WE can do. I feel so helpless, yet I know my little voice might resonate with others. 

We must move beyond this era of madness, hatred, breakdown of civil society. Guns kill people. More people with more guns is not the solution. How much longer can we ordinary Grandparents (me, in this case) keep from speaking out, taking action, saving our country and the lives of our precious Americans? 

What do YOU think?

No comments:

Post a Comment