Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Boat-Builder Christian Gaggia, posing with his Mom and Dad.

You saw the sublime sailing/pulling skiff, "Cat's Paw," in the foto at the top of the blog.  It was built last year by three super-skilled shipwrights in Port Townsend, WA.  One of the builders -- Christan Gaggia, my remarkable nephew -- poses in the foto with his Mom (and my Sis) Crary, and Dad (my bro-in-law) Mark.  Venue was the recent Wooden Boat Show in Pt.Townsend, the annual place to be for anyone interested in the art, craft, performance and versatility of wooden boats, made the old-fashioned way.
Here's Cat's Paw.  Check out subtle"touches" that went into this craft. Damn, I can't get over how gorgeous this boat is, how refined, sophisticated, absolutely unique.  Photo by Mark Gaggia at Wooden Boat Show, Port Townsend.



Bag of Beans from Chromatic Coffee Co. out of San Jose, CA.  This is Burundi "Ngoma," and my thoughtful step-son Will Wick (who understands what great coffee means to a fella) surprised me with it recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment