Thursday, June 21, 2018

Dean Phillips's "Conversation Cottage," aka Phillips for Congress HQ in Excelsior.

Minneapolis business leader Dean Phillips is running for election this fall to the U.S. Congress from District 33. Dean's HQ has been named  “Conversation Cottage,” and it sits right on the main drag in Excelsior. When I drove past the "Cottage" today I had to park my car and go inside to investigate. 

I'd met Dean once before, and the idea of a conversation with the candidate in the cottage was very appealing.

  The office was buzzing. Young volunteers on laptops doing research and outreach to voters. Grace and the finance department in the back. Then there was 'Jo,' recently retired from the office manager's position at a big insurance company, now the admin coordinator for the Phillips campaign.

Dean was there.  I reminded him we'd met at an event earlier this year. When you meet Dean you'll be impressed with how he connects with you. He has a firm handshake. Dean looks you right in the eye when you talk to him.  And he engages and listens!

I bought a Dean for Congress t-shirt (suggested donation $25.00) and intend to wear it proudly as I'm out riding my bike. There's an opportunity to do some volunteer work on the campaign, and I'll follow up, find out if and how I can be useful.

As for the thirsty doggy water bowl on front steps of the Cottage: one more fun idea that sets apart this man's run for office. 

No comments:

Post a Comment