Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Real Art is where You Find it. And please check out what I found in NE Minneapolis last weekend.

One of my Texas artist friends took one look at the peeling paint, general condition of exterior, and the bricks and reported: "I'm a sucker for the bricks, especially.  The texture, colors, infinite possibilities of use and re-use."

As for your humble scribe here, I like vertical format more often than the horizontal. The rusted iron railings and stairs juxtaposed to (or is it, with?) the corrugated metal; a hint of peeling green paint; and, of course, the bricks.  Man, this is simply magic.  I'd like to wrap up this scene, lay it gently in the back of my KIA, take it home ... then do what with it?

Take a 180 from the peeling green paint, walk into an entirely new and magnificent art gallery. So new it doesn't have a name yet.  I saw some wild, fresh, provocative work - on the walls, on the floors, even hanging from the ceiling. In the foto above, the artist has his back to the camera.

Recognition: one day you see that you are the bait, the trap and the prey. 


No comments:

Post a Comment