Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Buttsie Puts Poppy Through Velo Paces!


Hard-body Jason Butts didn't exactly egg me on.  But I figured I'd show him a thing or two, keep up with his speed, stamina and determination.  So off we went on our Memorial Day ride -- 12+ miles around Medina, picking up roadside litter along the way, and attacking the hills, head-wind and serious heat and humidity with enthusiasm and elan!

I will spare the details, except to compliment Jason on his patience. He didn't chide me for huffing and puffing so hard I had to get off the Surly several times and catch my breath and cool my jets.  And when J headed into Orono and Long Lake to check out his childhood 'hood, he made sure I was strong enough to get back home under my own steam.

Buttsie is fit (and young!). Old Poppy has some miles to put in this spring to get back into shape.  Still and all, every ride is a good ride, and we made a small difference in the carbon footprint area.

No comments:

Post a Comment