Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Greenpoint, Brooklyn to Manhattan.


Chris says that from his apartment window you can see four iconic New York bridges .  Look into the distance in this foto and you'll identify the Willamsburg, Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges.  Jessie adds that if you had "superman vision," you might catch a glimpse of the Verrazano Narrows Bridge, connecting Staten Island and Brooklyn.

Wait: there's more. If you were able to look down at the street through this same window view, you'd I.D. the Euzko Etxea Sport and Social Club -- the place where the Basque community gathers to relax, tell stories, play a little pelota, and dream of the homeland.

What a remarkable melting pot Brooklyn is.  How much I love being here.  How little I know the boro.  Jessie took me to Red Hook today, and I'll add a pic from there in a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment