Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cross Country Pedalers Hit Starbucks.


A pair of young transcontinental cyclists rode up behind me today on Hwy. 60 just west of Wickenburg.  I was on the Giant Hybrid for my morning exercise; these guys were putting in the serious miles as they made their way east at a pretty good clip.

I could see them in my rearview mirror, headed my way. "Hello, sir," announced Trevor as he pulled alongside. "Know where we can get a good, cold coffee drink," he asked?

Then his riding partner Guy appeared and I invited them to join me at Starbucks (my treat) before they continued their journeys -- Guy up to Canada via the Rockies, and Trevor due east along the southern route to Florida.

Great guys, these two.  They met up in somewhere between Joshua Tree National Forest in CA and Quartzite in AZ.  There's a picture of the three of us with Geri and Roberta, barista pals from Starbucks.

Talk about some good folks coming into your life on the road!  Keep the shiny side up, men. Safe travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment