Friday, March 2, 2012

Miami Joe hangs with Ghana Joe.


Used to say "you meet the nicest people on a Honda" - 

Yesterday Adam and I took a bike ride down south about 15 miles to The James Deering Estate, now a county park and historic site.

Nearby there is a dock where folks go to fish and enjoy the seabreeze.

Here we met this man - Joseph by name.  Joseph emigrated form Ghana to the US in 1958, settling in LA for 30 years or so before he moved to Miami about 20 years ago to retire.

Now 81 he heads down to the dock to fish for mostly barracuda, but also catches snook, small sharks and rays. Joseph asked me if I fish.  I said I had tried many times but ahd not had much success.

His reply - "aw, man - just fish, just fish!"  Some good and sage advice I suppose.

Back on our bikes again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment