Saturday, March 2, 2013

Wickenburg Airstream Reunion!

I had THE nicest time today with Dick and Elaine of the Airstream Club of Arizona.

In town for their annual Wickenburg outing -- some 120 Club members in all, of which 20-25 trailers made the trek  -- Dick rhapsodized the lure of the open road and the appeal of trailer life.

I confessed I'd longed for my own Airstream for a number of decades.  I occasionally say to Poppina:  "I think we should go Airstreaming."

And she generally replies that I'd have a good time.

Dick: "Come, join our club!"

Seth:  "Maybe. You never know."

He invited me into his quarters, introduced me to his wife Elaine, handed me an application form, and wished me happy trails, and hope to see you again.

And we might just meet up again one of these Airstream days.


No comments:

Post a Comment