Sunday, April 28, 2013

Poppy Togs + Clogs, as in Poppy's Velo Ventures.

Dear Readers of Poppy's Velo Ventures:  It may interest you to you how I came to be known as "Poppy," and where Velo Ventures blog came from.

The name.

Well, it's a nickname, actually -- given with love by young grands who probably couldn't pronounce "Seth," or didn't cotton to that name in the first place.

So:  I'm Poppy. And pretty much the entire family is cool with that.

As for the Velo Ventures Blog  that title emerged from my love of bikes and riding .... the velo scene, if you will.  I still look at most of my bike rides as "adventures," though the word "ventures" works better -- v, you know -- with velo.

And what's up with the "Poppy Togs + Clogs?" 

I spied this unusual retail store last week on Snelling Avenue in St. Paul.  I was enroute from Garrison Keillor's "Common Books" shop to a lunch date with old buddy Craig Cox, Managing Editor of "Experience Life" magazine.   Coxie and I were yapping so hard that we never found time to discuss Clogs + Togs, or Garrison Keillor, Poppy's Velo Ventures, etc.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment