Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Little Free Library Locations in Excelsior, MN, and all over Twin Cities. Wonder if "Charter # 27638" means there are nearly 30,000 of these across the USA?


I sent this pic from Excelsior, MN to my sister on Whidbey Island, WA, asking her if they had "Little Free Libraries" out where she lived.  

"Of course," came the reply. "And I've read many of the books that are for loan in the Excelsior library photo you sent."

"Plus," she adds, "in Seattle proper, near where my daughter lives, you can find two within a block of her house." 


I helped myself to the J. M. Coetze title, "Age of Iron."  A South African novelist, about my age, Coetze was unknown to me before this Excelsior encounter. I've just started to dig into "Iron," published about 25 years ago.


This little free library is constructed with loving care and attention to detail.  It seems to resemble a rustic small town prairie house of worship.  This little free library sits on the grounds of Zion Lutheran here in Minneapolis.

No comments:

Post a Comment