Monday, June 11, 2012

Supporting Independent Bike Shops.


I keep reading (and believing!) that we cyclists need to support our local independent shops.

Meaning (money-where-mouth-is department) that whenever we can, and wherever, we march over to the apparel rack, or the accessories wall, and buy something.

Or, buy a couple of somethings!

OK. What have I done recently for small business?  Check out the pic from my ride in Hennepin's Three Rivers Park yesterday:

Sports Hut sticker applied after "Wrench" Tim changed out handle bars in the Plymouth shop. Bot some Darn Tough cycling socks as well.

Groovy yellow Planet Bike fenders came from Behind Bars in Northeast Minneapolis.

Heavy-duty two-leg kick-stand from Tonka Cycle + Ski in Hopkins. Brooks B-17 saddle from Tonka as well.

There's a Bontrager rear rack in the Janda bag:  the bag's from Calhoun Cycle in Uptown, and the rack came from Gear West in Long Lake.

You might surmise that I am neither brand- nor retailer-loyal.  On the contrary:  consider me passionately eclectic and a tireless consumer.  I love bike accessorizing, and when I've got the jingle in my jeans, I spread the wealth around.

How 'bout you all?




No comments:

Post a Comment