Monday, February 11, 2013

'41 Chevy Coupe, Runs Great, Some Work Neeeded.

I saw this classic in the parking lot in front of the Post Office in Wickenburg.  The '41 Chevy Coupe was tied down to its trailer, big For Sale sign in a couple of windows, and the crowds had begun to gather.

An old hippy guy and his wife, about my age, from the Western Slope of Colorado joined me in ooohing-and ahhing over this sweet 'mobile.

"I had a '48," said my new BFF, "and it looked a lot like this one."

"Reminds me of the Chevy that Maybell Lobby used to drive," I said to he Colorado guy, though he didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

Didn't see the owner of the '41, though the car stayed on the the trailer all weekend long. I don't think he sold the car -- though he had it priced pretty well: $4500, asking.  


No comments:

Post a Comment