Sunday, February 24, 2013

Girl Scout "Samoas" Saturday.

Girl Scouts and their cookie-leaders have been out in full force this weekend.

Tables of Trefoils, Samoas, and all the traditional goodies, have been there for the asking: $4.00 per box, and all purchases guaranteed to please.

I asked my young entrepreneurs to read the carbohydrate numbers on the side of the Samoa box before making my decision.  When I learned that I could enjoy a couple of cookies per day with minimal damage to my aging system, I bought a two-pack .... and dug in right away.

"Where does the money you collect from cookie sales go," I asked one Troop Leader.  Her scouts support a children's hospital in the Valley west of Phoenix.  Other troops select their favorite charitable causes, and work to maximize the support they give.

Pretty impressive group of women and girls.  They're bent on making this world a better place in which to live.  Keep buying Samoas, and keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment