Sunday, February 17, 2013

Baby Cat Graces Triad Steel Services.


If you dig old machinery, here's a smile-maker suggestion next time you're "Out Wickenburg Way."  

Head west on Hwy 60, turn into Sabin Brown Industrial Park, and follow the road to the end.  Right in front of Triad Steel Services is a gently rusting Caterpillar tractor, up on a deserving and respectful pedestal. 

Wish I knew more about the model Fifteen Cat. That way I could write with authority about the fabled history of this exquisite machine. I do know the engine is gas, and not diesel -- you can still smell fuel, and get grease on your shirt, as you poke around the engine compartment, and climb on the treads.

The crank still works. I was tempted to give it some serious turns ... but my bursitis persuaded me otherwise. 




No comments:

Post a Comment