Friday, November 14, 2014

From Mpls Conference Center Skyway this Morning.


Don't let the cold, snow, gloom and doom fool you.  It's always comfortable in the Skyway.  And any day is a good day to have your camera along for the ride.

I was on my way into the Mpls Conference Center, traveling down the Skyway, and couldn't help
noticing the Timberwolves kiosk.  That's the reaction the 'Wolves hope for.  I was running late so I didn't make the effort to set up a nice time exposure.  Instead (and thank goodness for a handrail on which to rest the SONY) I set 'er on auto and fired away.

The seminar I attended on "Turning Heads with Urban Public Art" was boffo -- fascinating and inspiring.  I was one of 50-60 in the audience.  Most attendees were architects practicing in Minnesota.  Speaker and leader was Jack Becker, Executive Director of Forecast Public Art.

Forecast publishes Public Art Review twice a year.  I help Jack and his staff sell ads into the magazine. We're having a good year, and a helluva lot of fun.

Let me know if you'd like to see a copy -- glad to send it along.

No comments:

Post a Comment