Tuesday, August 2, 2011

New "Citizen" Folding Bike!


A guy on a Dahon whom I met this morning in front of Calhoun Cycle told me I wouldn't realize how much I'd need a "foldy" until I got one and put it to work.  We'll see about that ...

In the meantime, let me introduce you to my new "Citizen Tokyo" foldy which I bought on Craig's List.  It's adorable -- if not a little snug, the fit.

16" tires make for swell pedaling by guys about 5' 5" riding in major metro areas.  But out here in the 'burbs a 6-plus footer (who's added a few avoirdupois) looks a little silly, don't you think?

Nancy and I plan to fold this baby up, stuff it inside its custom zippered bag, and put it in the back of the KIA.  That way, long road trip or short, we'll have (little) wheels once we put the big wheels in Park.

In case you're wondering:  I paid $50 for the bike.  It's brand new.  Former owner won it in a raffle at a health food store.  When I got it home the rear tire had a flat and the left crank fell off. $13.43 later at Gear West in Long Lake, my "Tokyo" is ready for action.

Stay tuned for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment