Saturday, September 10, 2011

James J. Hill Days, Wayzata.


I pedaled over this afternoon to the James J. Hill Days celebration along Lake Street in Wayzata.  This annual event was bustling with foot traffic and exhibitor expectations, and there was excellent people watching to be done.

Austin McDevitt, 1st Vice Commander of American Legion, Post #118 and I were having a good conversation in the Legion tent when a bigger-than-life animal advocate guy stopped by to get a cold Pepsi.  Wish I'd asked Austin's friend's name, but he did agree to a foto, and was not at all shy about showing off arm tatts and recent face painting!

Back to American Legion for a moment:  Commander McDevitt gave me lots of literature and encouraged me to drop by the Post on the second Monday of some month and attend a meeting.  I'm a vet, haven't done much since being discharged, and realize that lots of vets have needs far greater than mine.  I might be able to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment