Friday, September 14, 2012

After Ridin' the Foldy in Baker Park.

West Hennepin's Baker Park is a closed loop, six-mile, nicely-paved bike and blade path that never disappoints.

I was reminded just how fortunate I am to live near Baker as I went for a fine ride yesterday on my Giant Expressway. Had a a good workout while I was at it.  Hung my foldy up on the park sign for a foto opp after I finished my jaunt.

Giant makes two models of their Expressway.  This foldy has a single chainring upfront and seven gears in the back.  Shifts are made via twist grip;  the process is pretty smooth and precise.

The seat post is after-market:  2" longer than the factory post, so someone 6 feet tall (me) can stretch out his legs, get a good bite on the pedals. I ordered the post from Tonka Cycle and Ski (where I bot the bike in the first place). Not  an inexpensive upgrade, by the way.

Handle bars and stem rise almost high enough to make the ride comfortable.

The seat? Not so comfortable.  Five miles into the ride the glutes begin to ache and there's hint of pull and discomfort on the lower back.

But on I went with enthusiasm to my starting point.  Snapped the shot with my iPhone.  Thinking now that a 50 mile ride on the Expressway might be a good challenge, but I'm not confident of taking the bike out on the county road system, despite its comfort and stability.

No comments:

Post a Comment