Sunday, September 16, 2012

Old Friends are the Best Kind to Have.


I'm a mighty lucky guy.

I'm blessed with a lovely family, good health, an old Trek that pedals along nice and smooth. And I've had a satisfying career in magazine publishing (and ad sales) that's put me in contact with some very special folks.

Two old friends in particular come to mind. They're pictured above w/Old Poppy in a booth at Woody's in Plymouth, MN:  Kelly Czech, to my immediate right, and Bridgit Wallace both of Novus Media, Inc. 

My dear pal, former mentor and distinguished magazine editor, the late Helen Gurley Brown used to say: "Old friends are the best kind to have."

I nodded my head in agreement without really knowing what Helen meant.  Seeing Bridgit and Kelly for a coffee catch up last week made me see the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment