Monday, September 24, 2012

Wayzata Totem Touts Hand-Carved Skills.


In the market for a hand-carved mantel over the fireplace?  How about a suite of new maple cabinets for your kitchen make-over?

Don't know where to turn? The answer: just behind this unusual hand-carved "spokesman" who, himself, stands along Wayzata Blvd., across from the Community Church.

While I cannot vouch for the wood products, I can tell my readers that I've watched this icon morph from an arching oak tree into an uber-cool totem.  I've been told that paint colors change with the season --and I've seen brushes dipped into every imaginable hue slapped on the beard, robe, extremities, and base.

The sales proposition is irresistible.  I'm saving my allowance until I can go see those mantels for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment