Sunday, September 16, 2012

Checking out Apple House, Orono, MN.


Pedaled out Hwy. 12 today to take in the sights:  changing Fall colors, guys on riding mowers for one of final trims this season, gardeners cutting back flower and veggie beds, and folks just like me out for a walk, blade, run, walk, stroll. Plenty of doggies as well.

What a day we're having:  bright blue skies, no humidity, mercury touching 84-degrees.

I'd been thinking about shopping for a jug of cider.  Dumas Apple House was my destination -- they best apple cider you've ever tasted -- and I made it in fine fashion.

Instead of the fresh cider from orchards in Elgin, MN, I opted for a pint bottle of local maple syrup.  A bit spendy, but worth the price when Poppina opened the cap and took a tongue-taste of this liquid gold.

Mr. and Mr. Apple House were on duty.  The boss said it would be OK to bring the bike in the store and pose me and the Trek for a PVV shot.  Daughter took the pic -- she's the only one of us four with serious iPhone credentials.

No comments:

Post a Comment