Wednesday, July 27, 2011

NAMG Employee, Alumni Reunion.


Jowett and I were having coffee catch-up this afternoon at Dunn Bros. in Hopkins. "Don't look now," teases Jim. "But, look who's coming ....!"

Of course I looked. And so glad I did. Dear friend of Jim's and mine, and colleague at North American Media Group, Kathy Childers, was on her way in for an Arnie Palmer refill. Jim grabbed Kathy, offered her a seat at our table, and we jammed in an hour's worth of chat in about 15 minutes.  What a treat.

Helen Gurley Brown, legendary editor of Cosmopolitan magazine always says: "Old friends are the best kind." And how right she is.  And when I think of my career in magazine publishing at NAMG, I count Kathy and Jim among my best friends and time with them as favorite memories.

Ain't we the lucky ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment