Friday, July 29, 2011

Noerenberg Gardens at Macro Best.


I've got this 3-year old Canon G-10.  No aspect of the camera is more fun (and results awe-inspiring) than Macro format -- the sharpness of the lens, the ability to compress depth of field like an SLR does, and manual setting options that let the photog (me) underexpose, or use fill flash.

When Nancy and I were at a marvelous open house at Noerenberg Gardens last night, the "perfect flower shots" could be counted in the hundreds.  So much to see ... the gardens so exquisitely maintained and lovingly tended .. and no breeze so a hand-held macro shot would be perfect in every detail.

Somewhere inside one of the flowers there's a bumble bee "doing his thing."  I'll try again next year to catch the action on my SD card.

No comments:

Post a Comment