Thursday, May 10, 2012

'34 Ford Steals the Show.


I slammed on my brakes (well, w/bike brakes you don't actually "slam" anything) this afternoon when I rode up to this remarkable specimen of a 1934 Ford Roadster. It's a beaut, I assure you.

The front end is original, so's the tranny; the flat-eight engine block that came with the Ford was enhanced with a Cobra "kit."  Otherwise the motor's pretty cherry as well.

A professional mechanic named Bill is the proud owner.  Bill reports repairing the body where it needed glass, doing a paint job in original "Washington Blue,"and reupholstering the cockpit and rumble-seat in a warm tan leatherette -- better than new!

Bill was on his way this evening to the weekly rod and custom show in Mound, MN:  some 300-500 restored vehicles on display. After that? Back to the garage workshop to make adjustments to his impressive stable of Detroit Iron:  three mid-fifties Chevy pickups, a sixties Mustang, two '46 hump back Fords, and who knows what else?

What a day .. what a ride .. what an auto living legend discovery.  Thought I'd share my good fortune.




No comments:

Post a Comment