Sunday, May 27, 2012

Nick, His Salsa 'Niner, BFF Peter.

My pal Nick is the consummate sales guy at Tonka Cycle + Ski in Hopkins, MN.  I stopped at the shop today to hang out with Nick, exchange a part for my Giant OCR 3, and check out the latest rolling stock.
Nick introduced me to Salsa brand, including the "Vaya" model, which I rode with considerable skill and delight around the neighborhood, before turning it over to my new BFF Peter -- another potential Nick customer -- so Peter could put this mean machine through its paces.

What Peter and I really liked, however, was Nick's 'Niner shown in the pic above.  The bike is shod with big, fat all-weather tires, disc brakes, custom-fitted everything-else.

Nick might have sold Peter a 'Niner  -- "the first new bike I've bought in 30 years," as Peter explained it. "I still have that old Bianchi hanging from the rafters in the garage in South Minneapolis."  


And what about Old Poppy?  Any new-bike plans? Nah, not right now. A fellow can never have too many cool bikes, however; besides, it's sort of my civic duty this Memorial Day weekend to get out there and support my local, independent shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment