Monday, May 28, 2012

Giant OCR 3 Back in Action Again.


It rained buckets last night in the Metro.

I mean -- large buckets -- with hail, spooky clouds, and a lightening storm to delight in the western sky.

When the sun broke through this morning, I needed little provocation to hit the road ... never mind the fluky wind from, well, every direction it seemed.  Not to mention a humidity hangover from 2+ inches of precip.

 We're surely over the 10-year drought by now.

The Giant OCR 3 you see above has been in the garage all Spring, so I decided to put 'er through her paces. No surprise: this machine is way more nimble, and quite a lot faster, than the Trek 720 I normally ride. I didn't get the fit quite right -- still tweaking saddle position, seat post height, and the flat bars, but I had plenty of good fun.

Along the ride route I stopped to catch my breath, take a leak, and snap a foto.  Maybe a loyal reader of Poppy's Velo Ventures pedaled by today?  There sure were a lot of bikes out there!


No comments:

Post a Comment