Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Mississippi River Rd., St. Paul, MN.


Another remarkable Twin Cities velo adventure is a trip along Mississippi River Road -- running east and west, up and down the Mightiest of American Rivers.

I had the good fortune to check out the ride today -- as fine, warm, and rewarding a day as one can ever expereince.

My good buddy Hervey Evans pointed me in the right direction: down Summit Ave., past St. Thomas Univ., to the end where Summit hits Mississippi River Rd.  Hervey told me where to park, and how to begin my journey downriver.

And what did I experience?

I crossed Ford Ave. Bridge, visited River Lock #1, met a third grade class from Minnehaha Academy, then worked my way north and east and crossed the river again along the Lake Street bridge.

Pic above was snapped by two new journalist friends -- a writer/producer from WCCO-TV, and her colleague, the station's assignment editor.  I think they were playing hookey!

No comments:

Post a Comment