Saturday, May 10, 2014

At Janet Yellen's Federal Reserve.


I was riding my Giant foldy through the plaza at the Minneapolis Federal Reserve bank last week -- you, know, Chairman Janet Yellen's Fed.  Came across the remarkable piece of historical art you see in this photo. The bronze casting depicts the Mighty Mississippi and the Falls of St. Anthony.  A great waterfall indeed.

Around the circumference, and designated by totems and icons, the story of the area before white men arrived, the locks and dams built, and the City of Minneapolis constructed on both sides of the river.

All this before the Federal Reserve System was a gleam in anyone's eye.

PS - I asked a guard whom I met on my ride whether Ms. Yellen was "in residence." Not today, my new friend replied, "but of course the Chairman has been here,"  he remarked with pride in his voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment