Monday, July 20, 2015

Wildflowers are Perfect Props for Today's Velo Posting. There's another Medina Moment here as well.


The owner of this field in Medina, MN must propagate his yard with gazillions of wild flower seeds each year.  And when the flowers bloom each summer, they are never the same species as the years before.  Check out the closeup of this pink beauty, below.  I'm going to look up the name in a wildflower book we have, see if I can I.D. it.  I'll let you know.

Meanwhile, the ride yesterday was exquisite: sun shining brightly, strong wind from the NW to challenge heart, lungs and quads.  Met a guy at Starbucks who asked me my age -- when I told him 72, he said:  "Aren;t you glad you're still pedaling your bike."  Indeed I am, I replied.

Turns out he's 71,  still working as a starter at a local golf course, and loving every minute of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment