Friday, August 8, 2014

Danish BULLITT Cargo Bike, Retro-ed as Kid Karrier.


Here's my new friend Mike and his kids. We met this morning in Hamel: I was on my way to the post office and when I saw this EXTRAORDINARY BULLITT CARGO BIKE, I had to go meet the owner and check out his ride. Mike explains that the BULLITT is manufactured in Denmark, and he bought his at Calhoun Cycle in Uptown Minneapolis.Basic BULLITT comes with a cargo box perched over the front wheel, but can be built out to include a kid's compartment, seat covers, waterproof passenger canvas, and other amenities. On the tech side: Nuvinci internal gearing, hydraulic disc brakes, and a Brooks B-19 sprung saddle. Last winter Mike added an electric assist to the front wheel, and now he can go anywhere the spirit moves him, anytime he has the urge.

No comments:

Post a Comment