Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Peace Coffee Delivery Wagon Falls from Bike.

You bikers and java aficionados likely know the Peace Coffee brand. You see it in co-ops, markets, indy coffee shops, other hip and trendy places. I’m not sure if the brand is HQ’d in the Twin Cities, but I know they roast Peace here, and they deliver it by bike to venues all over the Metro.

On my loop around Lake Calhoun this morning I saw the Peace delivery man (he's on the phone in this photo). Thinking he might be selling off the back of his wagon (two women were talking to delivery man) I road over to check things out. I learned the cart had come unhitched from the bike, careening into the right rear fender of a new Prius. What I took to be polite social commerce was, instead, an exchange of insurance info, phone numbers, accusations and explanations.

Don’t know the resolution but besides feeling distressed, the car’s owner was feeling confident that Peace would fix things up as good as new.

No comments:

Post a Comment